Sunday, November 6, 2011

1Malaysia? Sure or not....

I learned something from my trip to Kuching, Sarawak, yesterday.  I'm not sure whether Sarawak is Malay-sure or not.

I was one of the speakers for Popular Bookstore's new branch opening in Kuching.  The Tun Jugah branch, recently renovated with 12,000 sq ft of shopping space, is the largest bookstore in East Malaysia.

Upon reaching Kuching yesterday I had to queue up at the Imigresen counter, all the time wondering had I left the country.  Which country am I in right now?  They took my I/C, checked and then passed back to me together with an "Immigration slip" stating that I am allowed to stay in Sarawak for only 90 days.

I did my talk show at Popular and was soon on my way back to KL.  Upon reaching the airport, I had to look for the departure hall.  This is what I saw at first.


In case you can't read, the sign says "Pelepasan Domestik (dalam negeri Sarawak).  Now do you think I should go in there?  Obviously not, right?  I would only be travelling to other parts of the big state of Sarawak.

This is what I saw next...


The sign says "Pelepasan Antarabangsa".  Now do you think I should go for this?  I don't think so.  I'm not leaving Malaysia for another country, why should I?

Shit! I'm stranded.  How the f am I supposed to go back to KL when you can't go in by both these doors?  OK, before you start cursing, look a bit further, and you see this...


Wow!  "Pelepasan Domestik (Luar Negeri Sarawak).  Ah!  That sounds more like it.  Phew, safe at last.  Or so I thought.  I went to that door and after looking at my boarding pass the jaga fella pointed me to the Immigration queue at the Pelepasan Antarabangsa counter!  Now why do they have two doors which lead to the same counter?  That is what we call "take off your trousers in order to fart".

At least I made it back to KL, safely in one piece, but not after one last round of scaration.  The officer at the Immigration counter asked me back for my Immigration slip (the one which stated that I'm not supposed to stay more than 90 days).  I had thrown that slip into the waste paper basket at the hotel earlier!  But, it turned out that he only asked for fun.  When I said I didn't have it, he waved me in anyway.  Say so earlier mah, scare until people small heart bob bob jump.  Niamahai!

And some idiots are still trying to sell 1Malaysia... damn cunfusing.

1 comment:

Eric Chong said...

That's Malaysure Mah.....